Pages

Sep 30, 2011

Goodbye, September!

Is September over already? It seems like it had just begun. That's why I hate 30-day months. They always slip away so quickly.

September has been mostly uneventful for me. I tried some new recipes, I picked blueberries at my parents house, I went to farm markets, I did a lot of learning. I worked some day shifts, I worked some night shifts. I applied for more jobs.

I now have a complete Linkedin profile. I'm hoping that will help with the job hunt.

I've been doing a lot of online leaning this month. I started a new site to talk about that in more depth. The bulk of which was about social media marketing. I'd like to share a bit of what I learned. 

Social Media Marketing

It's important to be yourself, while representing your brand or company in a positive light. Build trust from your customer by personalizing your interactions with them. Aggressive sales approaches and standard promotional practices don't work well. In social media, people want authenticity: A real, human touch.

Now, obviously, there is more to social media marketing then that, but I think that is the one thing that you always need to keep in mind to be really successful at it.

Yeah, that was pretty much September. Lets get on with it then, huh?

How was your September?

0 comments:

Post a Comment