Pages

Aug 8, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Book Description:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

This book made me cry. A lot. Especially at the end. If you don't books that make you cry, then you probably shouldn't read books about teenagers with cancer. Seriously, that would be pretty foolish of you.

I always feel really foolish when I cry at books. I don't know why. It's perfectly ormal, right? I don't know. It never stops me from reading books I know will make me cry. In fact, I enjoy them more than a lot of books that don't make me cry.

I didn't like Augustus at first. There were a lot of things that left me rolling my eyes and thinking, Really? Really. People aren't really like that. But then I remembered that teenagers are often like that. I had friends like that in High School. People who thought they were way deeper than they really were. Also, he grew on me. I really liked him by the end of the book.

Ok, so this might be a spoiler if you're part way through the book or just about to start the book. So you might want to skip this bit. Right. So I spent a good part of the book worried about the ending. I was scared it was going to end like the ending in the book within the book. Every time the ending of that book was mentioned (which was quite a bit), all I could think was, Oh god...if this is foreshadowing and this book ends like that book I will be SO ANGRY and will never read another John Green book. But I will still love his videos (Especially Crash Course) and won't hold this against those. ...long story short, I hope to get my hands on
Looking for Alaska sooner rather than later, so read into that what you will.

On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful I'd give it an Incredibly Great. I would recommend it to...really, anyone. Unless you don't like books that make you cry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment