Pages

Mar 8, 2011

Happy Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day)


Yay, pancake day! Shrove Tuesday is the day preceding Ash Wednesday, the first day of the season of fasting and prayer - Lent. I'm not particularly religious, so I don't generally care about these sort of things but I like pancakes. Any excuse to eat pancakes is just fine by me!

Five ways to eat your pancakes:
  1. Traditional: A big stack covered in syrup and butter
  2. Topped with mashed berries and whipped cream
  3. Just butter (I used to eat them this way as a kid)
  4. Smeared with butter and covered with sugar(A childhood friend showed me this one)
  5. Use the pancakes as bread and make a sandwich! Stick some bacon and eggs in there - Yum! 
My brother used to make a sandwich that used pancakes as bread that doesn't sound quiet as tasty, but he said it was awesome. So, you take two pancakes.On one spread strawberry jam. The other, spread garlic spread. In the middle goes a fried egg and melted cheese. Enjoy! ....My brother is really weird.

Customer:  Waiter, will my pancake be long?
Waiter:  No sir, it will be flat and round like everyone else's.



How do you like your pancakes?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment