Pages

Jul 26, 2011

Quick thoughts

★Do you ever read something at a glance and think it says one thing, but then you go back and read it again, and it's not nearly as awesome as what you thought it said? That happens to me all the time. I hate that! Like, today I was on some random home decor blog, and in the side bar I thought it said, "Welcome to our bbq!" which would have made no sense (which would have made it inexplicably awesome in my book!). What it actually said was "Welcome to our blog!" Which is totally boring. That's why it now says Welcome to my BBQ in my sidebar. You're welcome.

★On a similar note (I guess?), two conversations that happened recently at work: 1. We were having a meeting, and there's this big calender on the wall. On of my co-workers asked what a particular entry said. I squinted a bit, before coming to the conclusion that it said "Ball Tourney".  "Oh," he replied, "I thought it said 'Beef Tourney." Which I decided sounded much more exciting and fun. I'm not sure what exactly would go on at a Beef Tournament, but I bet it would be awesome. 2. A different Male co-worker was checking his personal e-mail, when he read out a subject: "Hog Rally". "Hog like pigs or hog like motorcycles?" I asked. "Motorcycles." he replied. "Oh," I said, "that's what I figured, but it would have been way cooler if it was hog, like, pigs." Again, I'm not sure exactly what would go on at a hog (pig) rally, but it sounds like a lot of fun.

So now I'm thinking I need to stage the first ever Beef Tourney and Hog Rally. Events to be announced. Bring your favorite pig. It's going to be epic.


★When ever I check the stats for this blog, I'm always a little surprised at the results. No matter what day of the year it is - no matter what month it is - there is always at least one page view for this post about pumpkins I wrote in 2009. And often other Halloween posts. I mean, it's weird, right? And it's not even that great of a post. But it accounts for more then 3000 of my +7000 all time page views. The internet is a weird place.

★So I'm going to throw a couple of thought provoking links in here, because I'm too lazy to do a full links post right now. Is it OK to Say "Gay" is a post about the evolution in meaning of the word 'gay', and if it ok to say it if you mean something is "lame" or uncool. It also touches on the word 'retard'. Very interesting indeed! How To Talk to Little Girls talks about the language we use when talking to girls, and how we unconsciously teach them that the first thing we notice about them is their appearance. I'm going to keep this in mind now when I'm around little girls. What are your thoughts on the article?

What's on your mind today?


0 comments:

Post a Comment