Pages

Nov 2, 2011

Rick Mercer's Rant: Teen Suicide


If you haven't yet seen this rant/call to action from Rick Mercer, please watch it and share it with everyone you know. It's heartbreaking and important.



It's important for us all to be role models. I can't, and wont, pretend to know what it's like to be a gay teen. And I won't pretend I know what it's like to be bullied (which is surprising, because in high school I dressed like a Kandi Raver. In small town Nova Scotia). What I can say is I have read and heard too many stories like Jamie Hubley's and it breaks my heart. We all need to stand up and show kids that it's not only ok to be be different, but it's awesome to be different. We also need to find a way show bullies that this will not be tolerated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment