Pages

Nov 9, 2011

Things that distract me from Writing

As I've mentioned, I'm trying my hand at NaNoWriMo. If you don't know what that is, it's this insane thing where you write a 50000 word novel in 30 days. So far, I've had good days and bad days and almost good days. Distractions tend to pile up. What are some of the things that distract me from writing?

Twitter: When I sit to write, I can not have twitter open in a tab of my browser. That little number in brackets telling me how many tweets I'm missing messes with my head. For some reason I can't close it completely, so instead I go to @NaNoWordSprints. Then at least if I'm checking new tweets it's relevant.

Zombie Pandemic: Who has time to write when there are zombies to kill?!

My Cat: Once he has decided it's cuddle time he can be very demanding, and will not be ignored.

Everyday life: You know, everything - work, laundry, dishes, showering...


Do you have any distraction fighting tips for me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment