Pages

Mar 31, 2012

How We Decide

How We Decide by Jonah Lehrer

Reading Imagine: How Creativity Works made me really want to read this book. So when amazon put the kindle version on sale for 99 cents, how could I say no?

After reading the first chapter, I realised this is basically the same book, but on a different topic.  It has the same tone as Imagine, the same style. The same way if presenting several types of information and bringing it back full circle, wrapping everything up in a nice little package.

That isn't to say that if you've read one, don't bother to read the other. They are two pretty different subjects. There's some overlap, but as a whole there was a ton of new information in this book. As well, I found How We Decide to be more scientific and less anecdotal than How Creativity Works.

I enjoyed this book just slightly less than the other. I don't know if it was the subject matter or the extra science, but over all I just liked Imagine better. I'm glad I read it though. I learned a lot about the human brain, neurology, psychology, autism and how air planes work. I don't know if it will help me make better decisions or not, but it can't hurt right?

On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful, I'd give it an Extremely Excellent. Informative and entertaining - everything a non-fiction book should be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment