Pages

Nov 13, 2010

Part of our Heritage

Heritage Minutes - better known as those part of our heritage commercials, are short films detailing parts of Canadian History. I got thinking about them when I posted the Flander's Fields one on Remembrance Day. This short blurb makes it sound like they still play them on Canadian tv, but I can't remember the last time I saw one. None the less, they are a huge memory generator, and they're pretty awesome. Here are some of my favorites.

How Canada Got it's Name

Superman

The Underground Railroad

Winnie the Pooh

Free Heath Care

Basketball

Irish Orphans

Women in Medicine

Dr. Wilder Penfield 
(this one is a bit quite, you may have to crank your speakers)

Mona Parsons

I could do this all day. I better quit now before I get too carried away. All you Canadians out there: What's your favorite Heritage Minute?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment