Pages

Feb 4, 2011

February is Heart Month

photo by seyed mostafa zamani
The Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation has named February Heart Month. Heart health is important for all of us. I come from a family with a history of heart disease so this is a cause that is near and dear to me.

The two best things you can do for your heart are eat healthy and exercise. In the most basic of terms, cut your sodium, eats lots lean meats, fruit and veggies, and get moving.

The week of February 13th, I'll be posting about heart healthy eating and recipes over at Dee Eats, if you're into that sort of thing. I've also set up a page where you can make donations to the Canadian Heart and Stroke Foundation. If you could make even a small donation, that would bring me major joy (as well Science says giving makes you happier).

Happy Heart Month, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment