Pages

Aug 20, 2011

Quick Thoughts

★I’m giving up whining about work. Customers, bosses, hours, co-workers. Done! All it does is make me more unhappy about working here, and I’m done with that. You should give up whining about something too. Trust me, you will be happier for it. 

★ Cultivate me: Black Pens. I’ve decided that I’m the kind of person who only uses black pens. I realized the other day that I hate blue pens. This was a surprising realization, since I love the color blue. It’s one of my favorite colors. Now, red pens, they’ve always bugged me. And don’t get me started on other colors of pen ink. Pink? Green? Orange? Gross. No thank you. So, as part of my efforts to cultivate a more awesome me, I’ve bought a bunch of black pens. It’s the little things that make us who we are. 

I both love and hate things that taste like other things. Like, for example, last October we went wine tasting at Gaspereau Vineyards. They had a red wine (I don’t remember the type) that’s aftertaste tasted exactly like - I kid you not - movie theater popcorn butter-like food substance. Seriously. It weirded me out. But I want to drink it again. And again. The exception to this is Jelly Belly Popcorn Jelly Beans. I hate those things, because they are so popcorn-y tasting that I feel like the kernels are stuck in my teeth.

★Strange coincidence: I wrote that at work, and when I walked into the break room someone had just made popcorn.  

After reading The Happiness Project, I became really interested in the idea of a one sentence journal. But I can’t call it that, because I am so never going to only write one sentence. Maybe not never, but it’s generally going to be at least two sentences. Usually three or four. Gretchen Rubin makes allowances for this, but I just can’t do it. The point is that keeping a journal doesn’t have to be this big daunting thing. So I call it short journaling. So far, I’ve been pretty successful at it and am finding it pretty fulfilling.

How about a couple of links? Two Oxen and a joke. LOVED the joke, and the oxen are adorable. I’m not really sure that they are oxen though. Whatever, it’s awesome. LED Lights make Augmented Vision a Reality OMG, I love science! 10 Ways to Find that Grown Up Feeling In case you’re like me and feeling horribly not grown up even though you feel like you should be.

1 comments:

LED lights said...

LED lights are also shatter proof and free from Mercury, making them much safer for home and the environment.

Post a Comment