Pages

Aug 31, 2011

Goodbye, August 2011

It's that time again! Time to say goodbye to another month. Farewell to August 2011!

I finished two books on the very first day of August. Going Candid, A free, downloadable street photography how-to and The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun. They were both excellent books, but I was particularly excited to read The Happiness Project. I've been reading the blog for years, so it's been a long time coming. Both have inspired me in their own ways, so I recommend both of them immensely! After that my book reading slowed down a bit - re-read Divergent and started reading 25 Days to Better Thinking and Better Living: A Guide for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life.

Other highlights of my month: I got to see my brother and sister-in-law. A family friend gave me a laptop (I had to buy a new battery for it, but still). I had some job interviews. I went to some farm markets. Went to camp day (open house) at Camp Aldershot. Did a lot of writing, walking and closest cleaning.

A few movies I watched this month that I would recommend: Whip It!, Sunshine Cleaning, Wristcutters: A Love Story & Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.


I also like to think of August as the end of Summer (even though Fall doesn't officially start for several weeks). Want to know some things I've learned this summer? I like medium dry white wine better then all other wines (But my parent's wildberry wine is a close second!). My Style Statement is Comfortable Creative. I learned how to make a salad that had no greens and a pasta that included beer as an ingredient. (Among other things) What did you learn this summer? How was your August? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment