Pages

May 22, 2012

No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog


No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog by Margaret Mason

Book Description:
Tired of filling up your blog with boring posts? Take the next step and get inspired to create something unique. Author Margaret Mason shows you the way with this fun collection of inspirational ideas for your blog. Nobody Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog is a unique idea-book for bloggers seeking fun, creative inspiration. Margaret gives writers the prompts they need to describe, imagine, investigate and generate clever posts. Sample ideas include:
  • Writing a serial novel
  • Conducting unnecessary experiments
  • Creating your autobiography
  • Public eavesdropping
  • And much, much more
I've been wanting to read this book for several years now. I don't know why, but I just never really got around to it. The longer I waited, the less I felt it would be useful to me. Not because I didn't need help and inspiration for my blog posts, but because I thought the advice would be less relevant than it once was.

This book was first published in 2006. A lot has happened to the internet in the last six years. Blogging has evolved since then, hasn't it?

But really, it has and it hasn't. This book is really written for personal bloggers. People who post about their lives and what not. That, and people like me, who post about, well, anything really. I found a lot of the advice and prompts helpful and inspirational. It added a bunch of stuff to my idea file, for sure. I don't think it would be all that helpful to someone who has a super niche or a business blog, though. Unless you're really good at thinking outside the box. In which case you probably don't need this book, because you've already got all the ideas you need. And also I hate you a little bit.

On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful, I'd give it a Good. It's definitely not for everyone, but it is well written and I, personally, found it useful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment