Pages

May 6, 2012

The Zero Hour Work Week

I just finished reading The Zero Hour Work Week, a free ebook by Jonathan Mead. I downloaded it, I'm going to say about 6 months ago, and since then it's been on my hard drive gathering digital dust. I'd like to say that I've just been too busy to read it, but that would be a lie.

Basically, it's a book about how, if you're doing something you really love and are passionate about, and people will pay you for it, work isn't really work at all. Leading to a Zero hour work week. It's not a new concept, but it is an interesting one. The book is well written and filled with personal stories from people who are, right now, being "paid to exist", so to speak.

For me, the book was less about new information (there really weren't an new bits of advice or knowledge that I didn't already know), and more about inspiration. A kick in the pants to maybe start doing more to get myself out of my miserable, dead end job.

All in all, it's an interesting read and not long, complicated or time consuming. On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful, I'd give it a Totally Worthwhile. You can download it too, if you'd like by following this link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment