Pages

Feb 21, 2010

Week in Review, Week Ahead

Happy Sunday! Last week, I stuck with my one thing rule (pick one thing that HAS to get done, and make sure to do it. Everything else is extra icing on the cake or whatever). It still went well, but not as well as the first week. I did get plenty done though, and I got all of the most important things done, and that's what's...well, important, right?


Something new I learned this week:
Clementines are a variety of tangerine, not their own type of citrus fruit.


Links! Get your Links here! Lots'a links this week. The Internet was bursting with Awesome! :

Got a story to tell? Are you a female body builder, in an arranged marriage or from a family with 8+ siblings? Sarah Von at yes and yes is looking for these and many others to interview for her series called True Story


Creating Your Very Own Paradise: 5 Tips On How To Formulate Your Most Blissful Living Space Ever! ♥ Yeah. Not much to add, that pretty much says it all. Actually, Frock & Roll has lots of great content and articles. How to become More Adventurous has some great tips for getting yourself out of a rut and 6 Steps For Totally Nailing A Job Interview (Every. Single. Time!) is also very much with clicking through and reading.



Fire-breathing snowman. Hell. Yes.


Speaking of snow, here are some Awesome Snow Sculptures from Dallas, Texas Snowstorm. I think my favorite is the snow couch with the little snow pillows. Cute!


Anyone else doing Gala Darling's Self Love thing I mentioned last week? Even if you're not these 100 Ways You Can Start Loving Yourself Right Now might be helpful to you.


xkcd's Snow Tracking is so fantastic. I especially like the Calvin and Hobbes references.


50 Ways You Can Create a Better Day


I love Science. They've analyzed the DNA of Egyptian Mummies, including King Tut. They've learned he had a bone disorder and malaria. Oh, and his father and mother were brother and sister. This article about it is insanely interesting.


In Celebration of Lederhosen Top Cultured show cases a whole lot of pictures of people in lederhosen. What could be better then that?


Language of Origin, Please is a Mental_Floss Quiz where you match the word with it's language of origin. Pretty neat. I did terribly, and was surprised by several of them.


119 Ways to Store and Organize Your Cats Kitties in boxes, sinks, on shelves, etc!


Speaking of cats, here are a bunch of celebrities with cats. Zooey Deschanel, James Dean, Kurt Cobain, Drew Barrymore, Sean Connery and more!


This photo is adorable and has a very important message: You Rock!


10 Pathways to Inspired Writing


This week, I'm focusing on two happiness resolutions: Healthiness is Happiness and Look Good, Feel Good. That means more exercise, more healthy food, more moving and more effort. More more more!


What about you? How was your week? Got any big plans?

2 comments:

Tuesdai Noelle said...

I love English. The thought of creating a story and bringing it to live, treausre. This weekend I'm yet again teaching myself more patience :)....my weekend overall has been relaxing and fun. On last night, I enjoyed a movie; "The Freedom Writers"...very touching and compelling. A good movie. Today, will be one that I just watch where it's going.....

Have a nice day :)

Danielle West said...

Relaxing and fun...sounds good to me! I might have to chech out The Greedom Writers. You have a good day too!

Post a Comment