Pages

Jul 18, 2010

Week in Review, Week Ahead

Welcome to a new week! Holy crap, I haven't posted anything at all since my last week in review! I'd blame work and life and busyness and the heat, but they'd all just be excuses. And bad ones at that. Anyway, Last week, I wanted to again do an hour of activity a day. I did pretty good, except yesterday. Yesterday I did absolutely nothing all day and it was glorious. I didn't spend many of those hours outside, because it's been insanely hot. So I cleaned the house and did some weight lifting and that sort of thing. Not exactly what I'd hoped to do, but it works.

LINKS!:

From Cracked.com: 6 Insane True Stories Behind The Stage Names of Celebrities, 6 Slacker Behaviors That Science Says Are Good for You & 6 Reasons Space Travel Will Always Suck.

Seven Myths about Grilling a Steak - Now that it's summer, and I have both a new bbq AND propane, I do a lot a grilling, including steaks. This is a great article. Want more? Check out The Finger Test to Check the Doneness of Meat.

The latest Five Men's Fashion First Impressions tackles some shoes that, in my opinion, are crazy awesome. I mean, I wouldn't wear them, because I'd likely hurt myself, but that doesn't stop me from wanting them. I'd put them on a shelf and daydream about wearing them and not falling over. See if the five men agree with me.

Gizmodo writes, "You Are Not Your Phone." Well written, and a good read.

Penn and Teller Interview - Penn and Teller? Totally awesome.

The totally awesome Sarah Von explains The Bad/Break Rule, which is some excellent advice/life rule (or whatever...just go read it. You'll see).

Weird works of Sandwich Art - very cute. 

Origami That will Blow Your mind. Seriously. I can't even make a paper crane.

Ever get that feeling that you're falling (followed by being jerked awake) when you're trying to fall asleep? Don't you hate that? Me too. Anyway, here's why it happens.

Awkward Family Pet Photos is like Awkward Family Photos but a million times better.  The caption under this one is exactly the first thought that ran through my head when I saw it.

This week, my schedule is all out of sorts. I'm back to work a day early - tonight -  on a night shift, I'm off a couple of days mid-week, and then it's back to night shift for the rest of the week - including Saturday. So I'm just going to try to make it through the week, ya know? Hopefully the weather will change and it won't rain (with a chance of thunder showers!) on both my days off so maybe I can go for a walk or two. Other then that...we'll see how things go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment