Pages

Jun 18, 2010

My 5 Favorite Aliens

This month, news broke that there is the right evidence was present that might suggest that there could be life on Titan, the moon of Saturn. (I learned about it on boing boing). In light of this news, I thought I'd share my five favorite fictional aliens.

(In no particular order)

1.  The Doctor (TV show, Doctor Who) - The Doctor, the main character of the series Doctor Who, is a man with many faces because of his species ability to regenerate. (My favorite? The Tenth Doctor (David Tennant)). The Last of the Time Lords (I think? I'm always a little confused about this point..anyway, not important), he travels through time and space via the TARDIS, with a human companion, and has all kinds of fantastic adventures or whatever.

2. High Commander Anna (TV show, V (2009)) - V is a 2009 remake/re-imagining of 1983 miniseries with the same name, about alien visitors (or "V") who come to earth. High Commander Anna is the queen of the V. She completely manipulative and probably totally evil, but I still think she's awesome. Gotta love a great villain, right?

3. Jonas Quinn (TV show, Stargate SG-1) - Jonas Quinn is technically human, but he's not from Earth, so that makes him an Alien, right? I guess? Let's say it does. Anyway, Jonas comes to earth after committing treason on his own planet, but his people were building bombs, so it was treason for a good reason and that makes it ok. It's kind of complicated. He was only a regular on the show for one season, but for that season, he was awesome, so he makes the list. My favorite thing about Jonas was that he always seemed to be eating. Which is weird, but I like weird.

4. Ford Prefect (Book, Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy by Douglas Adams) - If you have not read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, you should seriously go read it. It's my favorite book of all time. Anyway, Ford is an alien who came to earth for a week and got stuck here for 15 years. Ford is well traveled (he is a travel writer after all!), smart and enjoys a good party and a stiff drink.

5. Chiana (TV show, Farscape) - Chiana is fun and sexy and kinda weird. She's also got this street smart, fend for yourself, cheat and steal thing going on. What's not to love?

Who are your favorite fictional aliens?

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment