Pages

Jun 13, 2010

Week in Review, Week Ahead

Welcome to a new week! Last week, I was supposed to be all about photography and non-exercise-exercise. ...Yeah. I don't know what happened, but I didn't do hardly half the things I planned to do. I did get some cleaning done, but Monday-Friday that's about all I got done. Saturday, I did get the garden weeded, so I guess that's something.

The Four Most Awesome Things I Saw This Week From My Car:
1. The heron in the duck pond on the way to work - I've been seeing it for a few weeks now, but it still makes me giddy with happiness. A heron! What is it doing in the duck pond (which, by the way, I have not seen any ducks in for more then a month..)? Just hanging out, I guess.
2. A really, really low flying plane.  - It was a big plane too. Not the small ones that I'd expect would be going to the Waterville Airport. It must have been going to Greenwood. It did look like a military plane. Anyway! Big plane flying really low - very cool.
3 & 4. A Tiger and a Camel - When I went to pick up The Boyfriend from work Thursday evening, I drove by the rink downtown. I'd forgotten the circus was being held that night! They had the back parking lot all fenced in, and I saw a camel walking around, and in a smaller caged in area, a tiger!

Here's some cool stuff I found online this week:

Movies By the Numbers: From Zero to One Million shows that filmmakers love putting numbers in their movie titles. This is very cool. There's not a movie for every number (can you imagine?!) but it is still three pages of awesome.

Sarah Von at yes and yes is looking for more people to interview for her True Story series. Do any of these sound like you or someone you know?

Quiz: Is There a Chicken Soup for the Soul for That?

Will Our Galactic overlords be Titanish? There has been some evidence of a possibility that there could be alien life on Saturn's Moon Titan.  Maybe.

I've signed up for mental_floss' Watercooler Ammo and today, because of it, I Learned about Zombie Fit "Fitness to Survive the Apocalypse". From the Zombie Fit Site: What is functional fitness? We think it is the ability to perform any given task, at anytime, quickly and efficiently. Functional fitness and situational awareness are necessary skills that are lacking in today's society. ZombieFit hopes to change that. What if you woke up tomorrow to find your city overridden with zombies, would you survive? This may seem childish, but by preparing for the impossible, you'll be ready for the improbable. I think this is very cool, creative marketing and I wish there were classes in my area!

Dear Hotmail: What the Hell Happened to You? Ah hotmail. I remember when you used to be awesome.

And they Walked Away: The Stories of 5 Strange Injuries. Number 4 is the worst/best. It's very much car accident like - Makes you sick to your stomach but you can't look away. Or stop reading. When they said it was gruesome, they weren't joking.

Glee vs copyright: do as I say, not as I do An interesting look at how many of the things done on the tv show 'Glee' would be copyright violations in real life. With insanely high penalties. I don't actually watch the show, but the article is still very interesting.

I love people talking about their dogs. Gala Darling posts about 10 year old Hank Williams and new edition to the family, Dolly.

Celebrities Eating Dot Com - exactly what it sounds like. Interesting, if you're into that sort of thing. This is me once again glad that I'm glad I'm not a celebrity...

Will they build it? McDonald's Double Breakfast EggMc Big Mac What exactly is a Double Breakfast EggMc Big Mac? I'll give you a hint: It's insane, and you wouldn't be able to eat it as is without dislocating your jaw.  

This week, same plan as last week, but with a little more follow through.

How was your week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment