Pages

Jul 15, 2009

Creepy, Crawly, Slimy

I'm not really a huge fan of creepy/crawly/slithery/slimy things, but I don't, generally, think they're a big deal. Spiders, snakes...whatever. I'm not going to freak out about them (although I'd rather not touch them if at all possible). There are a few creatures out there, however, that just thinking about them makes my skin crawl.

In No Particular Order:

June Bugs










June Bugs came out in May this year, and boy, did we have a lot of them at the new house. Ugh. They're big and they stick to you and they're stupid and I hate them. Jasmine likes them. She chases them around and then eats them. Crunch.

Jasmine


Eels










I don't why I don't like eels. It's pretty irrational. Especially since I think our loaches are cute, and they're very eel like. Makes no sense at all. Meh. It might have to do with the fact that they keep moving after they're dead, like Slimy Zombies.

Loach!
Leeches









They're black, slimy and they suck your blood. Oh, and they don't have faces. Do I have to say anymore?

Ticks











Ticks burrow into your skin to feast on your blood, and they carry lime disease, which doesn't sound very pleasant. Also, they BURROW into your SKIN.

Earwigs











Ew. We had an infestation of these little buggers every summer at the old apartment. Look at the pinchers! *shudder I'm pretty sure my problem with earwigs started when someone told me that they crawl into your ears and burrow into your brain to lay their eggs. I know that that's an old wives tale (Although, according to Wikipedia, they like warm. humid crevices, so they may crawl into your ear canal. Lovely.), but that knowledge doesn't make me any less creeped out by them.

How about
you? What creatures make your skin crawl or hairs stand on end?

Image Credits: jakevol2, augustusoz, Dave ®, John Carleton, WesDigital and me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment