Pages

Jan 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010!

It's not only a new year, it's a new decade. Welcome to 2010! I love the new year. Everything seems so fresh and so clear. It's a perfect time to set some new goals, make some changes. Even if I don't stick to them, it always feels good at the time. All warm and fuzzy like. or whatever.

As usual, I have big plans. Big, grand, life altering plans. What it all boils down to though, is that I want to be happy. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? But I find myself feeling unhappy much of the time. The problem is that we have a hard time figuring out what is actually going to make us happy in the long run. We think we know, but we're often wrong. I've been reading a lot over at the Happiness Project, so I think I have a pretty good start on making 2010 the happiest year possible.

To get ready for my year of happiness, I've already been hard at work. I've compiled a list of commandments or whatever to guide me on my way. Things to keep in mind when I'm having a hard time with this whole happy thing. (Want to write your own commandments? I found these 6 tips to be immensely helpful)

My Happiness Commandments or Whatever
  • Act how you want to feel
  • Look good, Feel Good
  • Healthiness is Happiness
  • Do it Now, Don't wait
  • Change Leads to Growth
  • Do Something
  • Never Stop Learning
  • We are what we repeatedly do

This is the first step in my journey. I've got far to go, but there are no limits. And that makes me happy just thinking about it.

What are your goals, dreams and aspirations for the new year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment