Pages

Oct 30, 2010

Farewell October

Tomorrow is the last day of October! How time flies! I posted an update halfway through the month. So, what did I accomplish with the rest of my month?

I installed a new template for this site, which I got from BTemplates. It makes everything look all clean and spiffy and....right. Ya know? Should have done it a long time ago. I also got on top of posting regularly and hope to keep it up in the future.

I not only got caught up on my photo editing (up to this week), but I've gotten them all posted to flickr too! This is an enormous feat, considering that at the end of August I was still posting May's photos. I've also taken a ton of Scavenger Hunt photos. Update post coming soon!

I got my first Moleskine. Actually I got this set of three. I really like them. I suspect that I'd like a regular moleskine better, but these are what I got. I'm using the first one as sort of an art-ish/inspiration journal. I'm drawing inspiration from Wreck This Journal, How to Be an Explorer of the World and Living Out Loud - three books that I hope to buy at some point, but for now I'll have to be content with Amazon's Look Inside! feature. I'm more of a writer and a collector then an traditional artist(i.e. I can't draw), so it's mostly writing and found objects.The Second one is being turned into a day planner, and I already like it way better then any day planner I've ever bought or seen in a store. The third one is thus far blank.

I learned that pealing and slicing avocados is not as difficult as I'd imagined. It wasn't even any more difficult then my regular method of scooping it out with a spoon. Plus, it's prettier. On the flip side, pealing and slicing kiwi fruit is just as annoying as I remember.

    Two Other Things I Learned: 
  1. Dancing is the best activity to ward off dementia 
  2. The most expensive cow ever sold went for 1.3 million dollars at auction.
New things tried: Trader Vick's Macadamia Nut Liqueur (AWESOME), Curried Squash Soup (My mom made it and it's excellent), Fuzzy Duck Dark and Stormy (it was ok. Wouldn't buy again.),  Vex on The Beach(liked it, tastes like peach juice), and a Propeller Pumpkin Ale (kinda weird, but good. Has a pumpkin pie-ish aftertaste). Although most of the new things I tried were alcoholic, I did not actually do that much drinking this month.


Best Halloween costume story I heard this week: a girl at work has a daughter who is about 4 or 5. Yesterday she says "For Halloween, Phoenix wants to be Cinderella, Snow White, AND a Fireman."  made me lol



Did you have a productive October?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment