Pages

Oct 18, 2010

Incredible 3D Pumpkin Carving

Recently it came to my attention that my most viewed post is last year's Three Awesome Pumpkins. At first I thought it was just that there was a recent surge because, ya know, it's October. But no, that is my most viewed post of all time. It's had almost a thousand pageviews. For perspective, the next closest has 64. It's kind of insane. So, since it is October, I might as well give the people what they want: More Pumpkins!

Something I just found out about is 3D pumpkin carving. I don't know, maybe I'm late to the game Whatever. They really are amazing. I can't even do the standard jack-o-lantern (seriously, my pumpkins are terrible), so of course I'm impressed. These take some real talent.
 

 These first two I found over at Band Of Cats and they were carved by master pumpkin carver Scott Cummins. Isn't Puss in Boots perfect? And the tiger...the detail! Love it. Speaking of Scott Cummins, click on the link to see his 2007 gallery, and explore the site to see more of his amazing work. Like this turtle pumpkin from last year:

There's also photos of them all lit up, which are super cool too.

If you like your pumpkins a little more gruesome, check out Ray's Pumpkins.



He's the two time winner of the Food Network's Outrageous Pumpkin Challenge show and he has a tutorial on 3D pumpkin carving.

Have you ever attempted a 3D pumpkin? What's the coolest pumpkin you've ever seen? Share in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment