Pages

Dec 12, 2009

Lip Relief

This morning, my lips were hurting. I don't know if it's just because it's winter or what, but it was not cool. I have in my possession two different things of lip stuff - Blistex Lip Infustion Cherry Splash & Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - that were both just making it worse. The Burt's Bees stuff has peppermint oil in it, so that makes sense, but I don't know what the problem with the Blistex stuff was. So anyway, I went on a search of my house for some other kind of lip balm. I must have some somewhere, but damned if I could find it. What I did find was this little can of Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I flipped it over and read through the ingredients. It was mostly things like almond oil, wax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter...things that did not seem like they would kill me if I put it on my lips (in fact, it sounds a whole lot healthier then a lot of the processed foods I regularly eat, but that's a whole other kettle of fish). Also, I was a little desperate. So I slathered it on my lips. INSTANT RELIEF. My lips felt better. Not only that, but I braved the icy winds (seriously, according to the weather network it feels like -16°C out there...I believe it!) and crowds (which were surprisingly not too bad) to go get some christmas shopping done. Two hours later on my way home my lips felts a little waxy but they still didn't hurt. I know I'd have had to reapply any lip balm I've ever tried before by then.

Now, I'm not saying that you should run out and buy this for all your hurting lip needs. It's not formulated for (and probably not tested for) that, so I can't tell you if it's actually safe or not. I'm just saying, if you're desperate for relief and willing to take a chance...this will do the trick.


What's your go to product/trick for hurting lips?

0 comments:

Post a Comment